"Delivers an eloquent environmental message while demonstrating how kids can change the world through teamwork and perseverance." — School Library Journal
A triumphant story of environmental activism, community, and friendship: Acclaimed activist Philippe Cousteau and renowned author Deborah Hopkinson team up to offer a story of the powerful difference young people can make in the world. Meet Viv, who has a new home and a new school by the sea and follow her as she finds her way in a new place and helps bring together a whole community to save the sea turtles of the South Carolina coast.
• Explores various important themes like activism, philanthropy, volunteerism, and more
• Features gorgeous watercolor illustrations that are colorful and engaging
• Includes a "Letter to Young Activists" from the author as well as resources to learn more about sea turtles.
• Meilo So is the esteemed illustrator of many books, including Water Sings Blue. Philippe Cousteau is an award-winning television host, producer, author, speaker, philanthropist, and social entrepreneur. Deborah Hopkinson is the author of many award-winning nonfiction books for young readers
Fans of Manfish and Water Sings Blue will also enjoy the inspiring storyline and stunning illustrations in Follow the Moon Home.
• Great family and classroom read-aloud book
• Books for kids ages 4-6
• Children's picture books for kindergarten through third grade